Gionee has announced that it is releasing a software update for its Elife E3 smartphone. The update brings Android 4.4 as well as support for several Indian languages to the phone.
Unlike most Android updates, the Elife E3 update is not available over-the-air and the consumers can either visit the company service centres to get their smartphone update or use the files uploaded to the company website for updating the phone themselves, which is not recommended for everyone. The full guide for manual updation is available here.
Gionee has stated that the update improves the user-experience of the Elife E3 and includes several new features and improvements.
- Android upgrade to KitKat
- Added 9 Local Indian Languages: Hindi, Gujarati, Punjabi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Bengali, Tamil and Telugu.
- Added one game: Hitout Heroes
- Updated one game: TexasPoker
- Added CamCard, users can conveniently save the contents on business cards into the phone by scanning the card.
- Added TouchPal input method for faster and more efficient typing experience.
- Updated WeChat with a new interactive interface and smoother communication experience.
- Updated UC Browser with optimized UI and page loading effects.
- Updated Saavn for a more enjoyable musical experience.
- Updated NQ Mobile Security for better protection of your phone.
- Updated Kingsoft Office for more efficient work and study related operations.
- Updated GioneeXender for optimized performance and further improved the linking success rate.