Google and HTC have silently released the Nexus 9 tablet in the Indian market. The 16GB Wi-Fi only version of the tablet can now be purchased from Amazon India for INR 28,900. There is no word on when it will be available via Google Play or when the LTE version of the device be released in the country.
Originally introduced in October this year, HTC-made Google Nexus 9 tablet sports a 8.9-inch 2048x1536p IPS display and is powered by 2.3GHz 64-bit NVIDIA Tegra K1 dual-core processor. The tablet also packs 2GB of RAM, 8MP rear camera and 1.6MP front shooter. The tablet runs on Android 5.0 Lollipop and is already getting the minor Android 5.0.1 update across the globe. You can check out the detailed specifications later in the report.
At the time of writing this post, only Indigo Black colour option was available for Nexus 9 at Amazon India.
Google Nexus 9 specifications
- Size: 8.9 x 6.05 x 0.31 inches, 425 grams (Wi-Fi version)
- Display: 8.9-inch (2048x1536p), 4:3 aspect ratio
- Processor: NVIDIA Tegra K1, 2.3GHz 64-bit dual-core
- OS: Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Memory: 2GB of RAM, 16GB and 32GB of storage
- Connectivity: NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi
- Cameras: 8MP rear with BSI, f/2.4 & 1.6MP front, BSI, 720p video
- Others: Front-facing BoomSound speakers
- Battery: 6,700 mAh Li-polymer