Samsung has officially launched the Galaxy Note Edge smartphone in the Indian market. The phone has been priced at INR 64,900 and will be available beginning the first week of January 2015.
“Samsung continues with its legacy of pioneering extraordinary innovations and setting new benchmarks in the mobile industry. The Galaxy Note Edge is a stunningly beautiful device equipped with a unique curved screen which not only makes the smartphone distinctive but also delivers a unique way to access information and optimizes functionality,” said Asim Warsi, VP, Mobile & IT, Samsung India.
Originally introduced alongside Galaxy Note 4 in September this year, Galaxy Note Edge is only available in select markets like South Korea and US right now.
The phone features a 5.6-inch Super AMOLED QHD+ curved display, which is wrapped over the right-edge (2560x1440p on the front & 160px on the side) of the phone. The display portion on the right edge of the phone can be used to show notifications, weather information, stock tickers, clock, news feeds, quick shortcuts and more.
Other specifications of the phone include 2.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon 805 processor, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, microSD card slot and Android 4.4 with TouchWiz UI. The phone will be available in Black and White colour options.
Galaxy Note Edge specifications
- Display: 5.6-inch Super AMOLED QHD+ (2560x1440p on the front & 160px on the side)
- Processor: 2.7GHz Snapdragon 805 quad-core
- Memory: 3GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, microSD card slot
- Battery: 3000 mAh
- Cameras: 16MP rear with optical image stabilisation & LED flash, 3.7MP f/1.9 front camera
- Connectivity: LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, IR LED, NFC
- Ports: MicroUSB 2.0, 3.5mm audio jack
- Size: 151.3×82.4×8.3mm
- Others: Heart-rate sensor, fingerprint scanner, UV sensor, barometer
Note: The earlier version of this report noted that Samsung is expected to launch Galaxy Note Edge in early-January. The report has now been updated after Samsung India announced the launch.