Sony on Monday announced a new Walkman-series media player in the form of Walkman NW-ZX2. Targeted to the audiophiles, the new media player has been priced $1120 and will go on sale this spring in the United States.
“Experience High-Resolution audio like never before with the Walkman NW-ZX2 which can reproduce master quality recordings just as the artists originally intended,” noted Sony in a press release.
According to Sony, NW-ZX2 features S-Master HX digital amplifier, which reduces distortion and noise while reproducing wide frequency response for a clearer acoustic experience. The device is also equipped with DSEE HX technology, which can upscale the online media streaming sources to offer higher quality sound.
Sony Walkman NW- ZX2 supports digital music files up to 192 kHz/24 bit and compatible file formats are MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, AIFF, WAV and ALAC including DSD. It runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and packs 128GB of internal storage, microSD card slot, and Wi-Fi. The Walkman also sports an aluminum alloy chassis and a 4-inch FWVGA display. You can check out the detailed specifications later in the report.
Sony Walkman NW-ZX2 specifications
- Storage: 128GB internal, microSD card slot
- Key features: High-Resolution Audio playback, S-Master HX Digital Amplifier, DSEE HX (Digital Sound Enhancement Engine), ClearAudio+, Clear Bass, Equaliser, VPT
- Compatible audio formats: MP3, WMA1, FLAC (192KHz/24bit), Linear PCM (192KHz/24bit), WAV (192KHz/24bit), AAC-LC2, HE-AAC, Apple Lossless (192KHz/24bit), AIFF (192KHz/24bit), DSD (2.8MHz, 5.6MHz)
- OS: Android 4.2
- Display: 4.0 inch FWVGA (854×480p) TRILUMINOS for mobile
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi b/g/n/a, Bluetooth (A2DP/AVRCP/OPP/HID/SPP), NFC
- Size: 65.1×131.2×18.5mm, 235 grams
Note: The report has been corrected with the updated price-tag