Chinese smartphone maker ZTE on Wednesday introduced a new Blade-series smartphone at a press event in Hong Kong. Dubbed as ZTE Blade S6, the smartphone will be released in the market on February 10.
Sporting a 5-inch HD display, the Blade S6 runs on Android 5.0 with MiFavor UI on top. The smartphone is powered by 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 octa-core processor and includes 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage and microSD card slot.
According to the company, it is targeting the phone to youngsters.
“In line with our product portfolio plan, we very much sought to push the envelope with the Blade S6, and to do so in a way that would appeal to youths, as well as those with active social lives,” said Mr. Adam ZENG Xuezhong, Executive Vice President of ZTE Corporation and CEO of ZTE Mobile Devices.
Pricing and Availability:
According to ZTE, Blade S6 will be available in Silver or Pink matte finish via Aliexpress globally for $249.99. It will also be released on Amazon and ebay for select markets.
ZTE Blade S6 Specifications
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 octa-core chipset (MSM8939)
- OS: Android 5.0
- Size: 144 x 70.7 x 7.7mm
- Display: 5.0-inch HD with In-Cell Technology
- Cameras: 13M auto-focus rear, 5MP wide-angle fixed-focus front
- Battery: 2400mAh
- Ports & Slots: 3.5mm audio jack, Dual-SIM, MicroUSB, MicroSD
- Memory: 16GB internal storage, 2GB of RAM
- Connectivity: 4G, 3G, BT 4.0, Wi-Fi