LG has announced that it has started the global roll-out of the G Flex 2 smartphone. The phone was first launched in the company’s home market “South Korea” in January at 800,000 won.
According to LG, United States, Hong Kong, Singapore, France, Germany and the U.K. will be among the first to get the G Flex 2, followed by major smartphone markets in North and South America, Europe and Asia.
LG G Flex 2 is the company’s second curved-screen smartphone, but look much more palatable, thanks to a smaller display, a refined design and better specifications than its predecessor.
“The G Flex 2 shows the world that there’s still room for design innovation in today’s smartphones beyond just metal frames and larger displays. We think the G Flex2 is the perfect example of form and function coming together beautifully. It’s a smartphone that people simply won’t be able to take their eyes off of,” said Juno Cho, president and CEO of the LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company.
LG Flex 2 specifications
- 2.0GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor, 64-bit Octa-Core CPU
- 5.5-inch full HD Curved P-OLED display
- 16/ 32GB of internal storage, 2GB of RAM and microSD slot (up to 2TB)
- 13.0MP rear camera with OIS+ and Laser Auto Focus, 2.1MP front shooter
- 3,000mAh battery
- Android 5.0 Lollipop
- 149.1×75.3×7.1-9.4mm, 152grams
- 4G LTE, HSPA+ 21/42 Mbps, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth Smart Ready 4.1, NFC, SlimPort, A-GPS, Glonass and MicroUSB 2.0