Chinese smartphone maker Oppo has released a new entry-level Android smartphone in its home market. Dubbed as Oppo A31, the new phone sports a metal frame with glass on both front and back.
The smartphone is now on sale at the company’s e-store in the country at 999 yuan ($160). It features a 4.5-inch FWVGA IPS display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 quad-core processor, 8MP f2.2 rear camera and 2MP front shooter.
In addition, Oppo has included 4G LTE support, dual-SIM card slots, 1GB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage, and microSDcard slot in the A31 smartphone.
On the software front, the phone runs on Android 4.4-based Color OS 2.0.1. There is no word on the Lollipop update and given Oppo’s poor record with software updates, we don’t expect to see Android 5.0 anytime soon.
The launch details for other markets are a mystery at this point, but we expect to see the phone in other Asian markets over the coming weeks.
Opp A31 specifications
- Display: 4.5-inch FWVGA (854x480p), IPS
- Processor: 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 410, quad-core
- Memory: 1GB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage, microSD card slot
- Cameras: 8MP rear, 2MP front
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM support, 4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- OS: Android 4.4, Color OS 2.0.1
- Battery: 2000mAh