Fitbit on Tuesday unveiled the new Versa smartwatch, which will succeed the company’s failed first smartwatch Ionic. The company is targeting the mass market with Versa and the same is visible in the $199.95 (INR 19,999 in India) price-tag of the watch. The pre-orders open today in the US and it will be available globally in April.
The Fitbit Versa sports a rounded-square design in a metal body. The company claims that it will offer four-days of battery life. The smartwatch runs on Fitbit OS 2.0 and includes the usual health and fitness related features.
“As the wearables category continues to grow, Fitbit Versa fills a critical need in the market by delivering a beautifully designed, full-featured smartwatch that is easy to use at a very competitive price. Versa brings consumers the advanced health and fitness features Fitbit is known for,” said James Park, co-founder and CEO of Fitbit in a statement.
Here is a quick look at what you will get in the Fitbit Versa
- Notifications from your phone
- Quick replies support for SMS and messages from chat apps when paired with Android phones
- Contactless payment support available in special edition Versa with built-in NFC (only in US)
- Play music from your personal collection, or stream it from Pandora or Deezer
- Over 550 apps and clock faces
- Works with Android, iOS and Windows devices
- Built-in heart rate sensor, water-resistance
- Fitness and sleep tracking
- Female health tracking features including period cycle tracking and more (coming soon)
- Guided workouts and exercise modes
- Changeable bands
Fitbit Versa will be offered in black, light grey, and rose gold colours. You can read more about the smartwatch on the company website.
In addition to Versa, the company has also introduced the Ace, a fitness band for children. It offers activity/ sleep tracking and motivating challenges. Ace can last up to 5 days on a single charge. Additionally, there are parental controls to safeguard kids’ privacy.
Fitbit Ace is now available for pre-orders at Fitbit.com for $99.95. It will go on sale in the stores worldwide in Q2, 2018.